Celebrity stylist Kiyah Wright is one of the top go-to celebrity stylists in the industry. Here she explains just how she created a curly pompadour for Jennifer Hudson!
1. Start with freshly shampooed and conditioned tresses.
2. Using a ½-inch barrel curling iron, begin creating a mass of curls all over the head from the crown to the kitchen – that is, the neck. Kiyah likes a Gold ‘N Hot curling iron to do the trick!
3. Tightly pull the sides and back of hair into a twist and pin, leaving a mass of curls to fall freely at the crown. Make sure your twist is secured with bobby pins. And use plenty of hairspray to smooth the sides and hold the twist in place. Kiyah suggests the Last Look finishing hairspray by Muze Hair, which is a light, flexible spray that allows comb-ability while styling.
4. Smooth edges with a Tancho wax stick.
5. Fluff and tease curls at the crown.
6. For the finishing touch, apply hairspray 10 inches away, all over hair to smooth flyaways and set the pompadour.
Featured on HypeHair.com