Subscribe: iTunes |
The season finale of the Hair Artist Academy Podcast is here! Kiyah Wright ends this three show finale with such valuable information on the making of a celebrity stylist.
Kiyah is an entrepreneur and two-time Emmy Award-winning celebrity hairstylist.
She is the owner of Muze Agency and is a fashion powerhouse who’s work has been seen on The Tyra Show, America’s Next Top Model, The View and America’s Got Talent
She’s also been seen on Oprah, The Today Show, Shear Genius, and her own reality show with her four friends “Love in the City”
Her list of distinguished clients include stars such as Tyra Banks, Ciarra, Gabrielle Union, Jennifer Hudson, Scandal’s Kerry Washington and Taraji P. Henson of Fox hit series Empire.
In today’s show she give a very candid view of her life as a celebrity stylist. She talks about what it’s like on the road and what it takes to stay in the game.
She tells about the loss of her mom at an early age and her internal determination and drive to succeed.
In the inspiring finale Kiyah tells exactly what is required to push past your problems and find your purpose and passion in life and how you can make your mark in the beauty industry.
In this Episode we discuss:
– Dealing with slow times in your business
– A day in the life of celebrity hair stylist Kiyah Wright
– What it’s like to go on tour with your clients
– What is a brand ambassador
– Teaching classes
– Weave and hair extensions classes
– Charging what you’re worth
– Having an assistant
– Paying your team
– How much to charge your clients
– The best time to raise your prices
– How often you should raise your prices
– Why you may be underpricing yourself
– How to increase your prices when you live in a small town
– Compromises that come along with building your business
– Building wealth
– How much an editorial campaign really pays